Skip to main content


In view of the latest situation of COVID-19, the counter service hours of the Graduate School have been adjusted. For details, please click here.
The GS Website has had its content restructured. For information related to research support, please visit the Research Website:
Start main content


During Application

  1. How do I choose a Research Postgraduate programme after registering an account through the online application system?
  2. How do I pay the online application fee? What should I do if my transaction at the BEA payment gateway is rejected?
  3. How do I submit the supporting documents if the files exceed the upload limit?
  4. What are the supporting documents required to be submitted along with my application?
  5. Should I arrange to send my official transcript(s) directly from the institution(s) concerned?





Select the programme from the pull down menu "Course" and "Fields of Study". Make sure you check the programme you have selected before clicking "submit". The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.




Please settle the application fee by e-payment (please refer to Q10 in "Before Application"). If your transaction at the BEA payment gateway is rejected, please try again later or use a different browser.  



Applicants are required to upload copies of the following supporting documents along with their application. Please click here for details.
If you choose to send the supporting materials separately from your application, please clearly indicate your application number on all the supporting documents and submit them in person, by mail or by email at


Photocopies of

  • HKID card (for local applicants) or passport/other identity document of your home country (for non-local applicants*)
  • Original degree certificate(s)/graduation diploma(s) AND transcript(s) of academic qualifications
  • English Proficiency Test Results (IELTS/TOEFL)

Note 1: All supporting documents should be submitted through the Online Application System. Supporting documents submitted in hard copies will not be further processed.
Note 2: HKBU graduates/students can be exempted from submitting certificate(s) and official transcript(s) for their previous/current studies in the University.
* Non-local applicants applying for part-time postgraduate programmes should provide appropriate and valid visa to prove their eligibility to stay and study in Hong Kong.




During the stage of application, you can simply provide us with the photocopies of your transcript(s).
Once you have been admitted to our university, you will have to arrange for your official transcript(s) to be sent directly from the college/university/institution you attended to our university by the date stipulated in the admission offer letter.