Applicants should make an initial application through the Online Application System at the Research Grants Council of Hong Kong (RGC)'s website. After obtaining an HKPFS reference number, applicants should submit a full application to HKBU via the online application system, including the following supporting documents (certified English translation is required for documents that are not in English):
- HKID card (for local applicants)
Passport or other identity documents of home country (for non-local applicants)
- Degree certificate(s)/graduation diploma(s), and transcript(s) , including the institution’s grading system
- English proficiency test results (e.g. TOEFL iBT or IELTS Academic)
- Other relevant test results, if applicable (e.g. GMAT, GRE)
- Certificate(s) of professional qualification(s)
- Confidential recommendations from past/current affiliated institution
- Certificate(s)/supporting document(s) of scholarship(s) and prize(s)
- Sample(s) of research works, pulication(s), record of research experience and/or publication list
Academic Referee's Report Form
Applicants are required to invite two referees to complete the Academic Referee's Report Form. Proposed supervisor(s) from HKBU and persons from non-academic backgrounds are not considered as appropriate academic referees. Your referees will receive an invitation email to complete an online confidential reference for you upon your successful submission of an online application.
The non-refundable application fee is HK$450.
i All supporting documents should be submitted through the online application system and hard copies will not be further processed. An acknowledgment email will be sent to the applicant upon successful submission of an application online. If any further information and document(s) are needed, the University will send a follow-up email directly to the applicants.
ii For information for non-local applicants, please click here.
iii For programme-specific entrance requirements, please refer to the respective Faculty's website (Programme Page) for details.
iv Upon receipt of an admission offer, applicants are required to arrange to send the official transcript(s) of the academic qualification(s) and English proficiency test result to the Graduate School directly by the awarding institution(s). HKBU graduates/students are exempted from submitting the official transcript(s) for their previous/current studies in the University.