- How do I choose a Research Postgraduate programme after registering an account through the online application system?
- How do I pay the online application fee? What should I do if my transaction at the BEA payment gateway is rejected?
- How do I submit the supporting documents if the files exceed the upload limit?
- What are the supporting documents required to be submitted along with my application?
- Should I arrange to send my official transcript(s) directly from the institution(s) concerned?
Select the programme from the pull down menu "Course" and "Fields of Study". Make sure you check the programme you have selected before clicking "submit". Once you have chosen a programme, you cannot make any changes afterwards. The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Please settle the application fee by e-payment (please refer to Q10 in "Before Application"). If your transaction at the BEA payment gateway is rejected, please try again later or use a different browser.
Applicants are required to upload copies of the supporting documents (refer to Q4) along with their application or click here for details.
If you want to submit other supporting materials after you have submited your application, please upload them to Extra Documents via the online application system.
- HKID card (for local applicants) or passport/other identity document of your home country (for non-local applicants*)
- Original degree certificate(s)/graduation diploma(s) AND transcript(s) of academic qualifications
- English Proficiency Test Results (IELTS/TOEFL)
(Please click here for details)
Note 1: All supporting documents should be submitted through the Online Application System. Supporting documents submitted in hard copies will not be further processed.
Note 2: HKBU graduates/students can be exempted from submitting certificate(s) and official transcript(s) for their previous/current studies in the University.
* Non-local applicants applying for part-time postgraduate programmes should provide appropriate and valid visa to prove their eligibility to stay and study in Hong Kong.
During the application stage, you can simply provide us with the photocopies of your transcript(s).
Once you have been given an offer, you will have to arrange for your official transcript(s) to be sent directly from the institution(s) concerned to our university by the date stipulated in the admission offer letter.