Applications should be submitted online via the online application system i. Applicants are also required to submit the following supporting documents along with their application:
- HKID card (for local applicants)
Passport or other identity documents of home country (for non-local applicants)ii
- Degree certificate(s)/graduation diploma(s), and transcript(s) iii (including the institution’s grading system) for academic qualification(s) supporting the application
- English proficiency test results (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS/CET6 results) iv
- Other relevant test results, if applicable (e.g. GMAT, GRE)
- Certificate(s)/supporting document(s) of scholarship(s) and prize(s)
- Certificate(s) of professional qualification(s)
- Sample(s) of publication or research work/record of research experience/publication list
Confidential Recommendation Form
All applicants are required to provide confidential references from two referees. The form can be downloaded here.
Upon duly completion of the Form, referees are requested to send it directly to the Graduate School within two weeks from the date the application is submitted or before the submission deadline. Referees can send back their recommendations to the Graduate School (Address) by post or email (email@example.com). If applicants want to submit the form on their behalf, they need to post to us the signed forms sealed by the referees.
The non-refundable application fee is HK$350 for local applicants, and HK$450 for non-local applicants.
i An acknowledgment email will be sent to the applicant once he/she has successfully submitted the application online. Upon successful submission of the application, applicants are not required to email or post any duplicate supporting document(s) to the University. If further document(s) is/are needed, the University will send a follow up email directly to the applicants.
ii Non-local students refer to those entering Hong Kong for the purpose of education with a student visa/entry permit issued by the Immigration Department of Hong Kong.
iii Upon receipt of the admission offer, applicants are required to arrange to send the official transcript(s) of the academic qualification(s) to the Graduate School directly by the awarding institution(s)/authorities. HKBU graduates/students are exempted from submitting the official transcript(s) for their previous/current studies in the University.
iv Individual programmes may stipulate different English language requirements, or equivalent acceptable qualifications, suitable for their fields of study. For programme specific entrance requirements, please refer to the e-prospectus for details.