Applications should be submitted online via the online application system i. Applicants are also required to submit the following supporting documents along with their application:
- HKID card (for local applicants)
Passport or other identity documents of home country (for non-local applicants)ii
- Degree certificate(s)/graduation diploma(s), and transcript(s) iii (including the institution’s grading system) for academic qualification(s) supporting the application
- English proficiency test results (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS/CET6 results) iv
- Other relevant test results, if applicable (e.g. GMAT, GRE)
- Certificate(s)/supporting document(s) of scholarship(s) and prize(s)
- Certificate(s) of professional qualification(s)
- Sample(s) of publication or research work/record of research experience/publication list
Confidential Recommendation Form
All applicants are required to provide confidential references from two referees. Proposed supervisor(s) from HKBU and persons from non-academic background are not considered as appropriate academic referees. Your referees will receive an invitation email to complete an online confidential reference for you upon your successful submission of an online application.
The non-refundable application fee is HK$350 for local applicants, and HK$450 for non-local applicants.
i All supporting documents should be submitted through the Online Application System. Supporting documents submitted in hard copies will not be further processed.
ii An acknowledgment email will be sent to the applicant once he/she has successfully submitted the application online. Upon successful submission of the application, applicants are not required to email or post any duplicate supporting document(s) to the University. If further document(s) is/are needed, the University will send a follow up email directly to the applicants.
iii Non-local students refer to those entering Hong Kong for the purpose of education with a student visa/entry permit issued by the Immigration Department of Hong Kong.
iv Upon receipt of the admission offer, applicants are required to arrange to send the official transcript(s) of the academic qualification(s) to the Graduate School directly by the awarding institution(s)/authorities. HKBU graduates/students are exempted from submitting the official transcript(s) for their previous/current studies in the University.
v Individual programmes may stipulate different English language requirements, or equivalent acceptable qualifications, suitable for their fields of study. For programme specific entrance requirements, please refer to the e-prospectus (Part1) (Part2) for details.