Skip to main content
Start main content

Important Notes for Newly Admitted Students



Introduction of HKBU Campus

Campus Map

IT Support and Information 


Welcome Research Postgraduate Students!

Everything you need to know to get your studies off to a great start:


    > Admission

    > Orientation Information

HKBU Student e-Card

By activating your HKBU SSOid account and installing the official mobile app "HKBU Mobile", students are available to access the HKBU main entrances by using their Student e-Card.


Please register your SSOid here and follow the ITO user guide to enable your Student e-Card.


GS Chatbot - Buzz (Training in Progress)

Buzz, the new Chatbot Trainee of the Graduate School, is pleased to help you with common issues about research postgraduate studies at HKBU, such as application procedures, offer acceptance, student visa, admission/registration and information on obtaining your academic record of the HKBU research postgraduate studies.


Please click here to have a chat with Buzz!

MTR Student Travel Scheme (AY 2024/2025)


More application details will be announced in due course.


  • For queries, please call MTR hotline 2881 8888

   - Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 6:00 pm; Saturdays, 8:30 am to 1:00 pm (except Sundays and Public Holidays)


"e-Visa" Arrangement (for non-local students)

With effect from 28 December 2021, the Immigration Department (“ImmD”) of the Hong Kong SAR Government has implemented the “e-Visa” arrangement to replace the sticker-type physical label for an entry visa/permit.


Please click here for more details on the "e-Visa" Arrangement. If you wish to know more about how to apply for student visa, you may click here.


Student Residence for Research Postgraduates

To cater the accommodation needs of research postgraduate students, the University offers student residence at:

       > Village CARE

       > Dr. Ng Tor Tai International House