Skip to main content


Please note that the BUniport would be suspended on 15 June - 2 July (00:00 – 23:59).  Click here for details.
Please note that Online Admission System & Online Application System for Testimonial / Transcript of Academic Record would be suspended on 14 July 2024 (1:00 am – 7:30 am).  Click here for details.
Start main content


Non-local Applicants

  1. Do I need to apply for a student visa?
  2. When should I apply for a student visa?
  3. How can I get my student visa ("e-Visa")?
  4. How do I activate my student visa/student status in Hong Kong?





The Immigration Department of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) requires all full-time non-local students to obtain a student visa in order to study in Hong Kong. Applications should normally be submitted at least two months in advance. Part-time non-local students must have an appropriate and valid visa to prove their eligibility to stay and study in Hong Kong.



The Immigration Department of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) normally takes 2 months to process a visa application. You are advised to complete your visa application via the University Student Visa Application System and submit the I995A Form together with a full set of supporting documents to the Graduate School starting from 1 April to 31 July or at least two months prior to the commencement of your study.



After the issuance by the Immigration Department ("ImmD") of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), the Graduate School will send the Application Reference Number (ARN) to your email address for you to download your "e-Visa" through the GovHK website or the ImmD Mobile Application.



You should present your student visa ("e-Visa") at the Immigration Counter when you arrive in Hong Kong. Please make sure that the Immigration Officer issues you a landing slip which bears your English name, travel document number, name of the University, arrival date to Hong Kong, and conditions & limit of stay in Hong Kong.