Welcome aboard. The following information helps prepare your studies.
- Log into your account in the online application system two weeks before your commencement for the latest information about orientation/registration.
- Upload the required documents to the University’s Visa Application System (for non-local students) (click here for detail)
- Contact or visit your Department and Principal Supervisor to get more information about your study.
Provide the following documents for registration:
- Original Graduation Diploma for verification (for students from Mainland China, please bring both Degree Certificate and Graduation Certificate).
*Transcript(s) must be sent to the University directly from the institution(s) concerned, and should reach the Graduate School before the commencement of your study.
- Original and copy of each supporting document as listed below.
- HKID Card (Non-local students should apply for an HKID Card within the first few days of your arrival in Hong Kong. If it’s unavailable at time of registration, please submit it to GS within one month from your commencement date)
- Passport photo page with personal particulars
- Student Visa
- Student-Permitted to Remain page (Landing slip)
- Relevant Endorsement (D label-逗留D) (for mainland students only)
- Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from HK and Macau (中华人民共和国往来港澳通行证) (for mainland students only)
- Required documents indicated in the offer letter (if any)
* No photocopy service will be provided at the venue. You will not be able to register if any of the above documents is missing.
- Return the “Commencement Form”, duly signed by your Principal Supervisor, Department Head and Faculty Dean, to the Graduate School within 10 days from your commencement date.
- Activate your email account.
- Activate your BUniport account at https://buniport.hkbu.edu.hk/
- User ID: your 8-digit student number (e.g. 1886XXXX)
- Password: same as your email login password
- Enter your bank account * and personal particulars information into BUniPort (My Profile → Study Record & Personal Particulars, then press the “Modify” button at the bottom right corner of the page) within 10 days from your commencement date.
* Studentship is paid monthly in arrears by auto pay to studentship recipient’s bank account in Hong Kong. To open a bank account, you may need:
- Proof of your permanent home address (documents showing your name and address, e.g. driver’s license or utility bills)
- Photo page of your identity document (i.e. HKID, passport), if applicable, with English translation
- Proof of your local address (utility bills, lease, official documents sent to this address with your name on it)
- Student Orientation Powerpoint 2018/19
- There are three types of arrangements for students under different schemes or study modes:
- For regular full-time students, the tuition fee will be deducted from your monthly studentship automatically. However, you will still receive tuition fee debit notes in electronic copy via your BUniPort account.
- For self-funded and part-time students, you will receive your tuition debit notes in electronic copy via your BUniPort account twice a year in February and August. Please settle the payment (Payment Instructions) by the stipulated due date, otherwise a late charge will be imposed.
- For Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme awardees, the tuition fee for the first year will be waived. The tuition fee for the second and third years of study will be waived subject to satisfactory performance.