Welcome aboard! Please study the following important information about Research Postgraduate students registration day:
||2 September 2019 (for students commencing studies on 1 September 2019)
||AAB203-205, Level 2, Academic and Administration Building
Baptist University Road Campus
Hong Kong Baptist University
You are required to complete the following procedures, where applicable:
Academic Qualification(s) Verification
✔ Requested my institution(s) to send my transcript(s) to the HKBU Graduate School directly.
✔ Submitted a copy of the "Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate" (教育部學籍線上驗證報告 sample ) to the Graduate School. (Students graduated from universities in Mainland China ONLY)
Identification Documents Verification (Non-local students ONLY)
✔ Uploaded a photocopy of the below documents onto the University’s Visa Application System http://gs-visa.hkbu.edu.hk/ upon arrival of Hong Kong.
- Passport, or Entry Permit, or EEP (往來港澳通行證)
- Landing slip
- Activated student visa/entry permit label
- Relevant exit endorsement (逗留D) (Students from Mainland China ONLY)
✔ Received an acknowledgement email of completion issued by the Graduate School. (You are required to show the acknowledgement email at the Registration counter.)
Part I: Orientation
The Orientation session (around 40 minutes) will:
- help you familiarise with the key University regulations.
- provide you with essential information about your studies including study journey, student support, programme requirements, etc
- offer you an opportunity to meet other fellow Research Postgraduate students.
You may download the Student Orientation Powerpoint HERE.
Part II: Registration
After the Orientation session, you will have to complete your registration and collect your student ID card, student handbook and other necessary documents at the registration counter.
- Return the “Commencement Form”, duly signed by your Principal Supervisor, Department Head and Faculty Dean, to the Graduate School within 10 days from your commencement date.
- Activate your email account.
- Activate your BUniport account at https://buniport.hkbu.edu.hk/
- User ID: your 8-digit student number (e.g. 1948XXXX)
- Password: same as your email login password
- Enter your bank account* and personal particulars information into BUniPort (My Profile → Study Record & Personal Particulars, then press the “Modify” button at the bottom right corner of the page) within 10 days from your commencement date.
* Studentship is paid monthly in arrears by auto-pay to studentship recipient’s bank account in Hong Kong.
To open a bank account, you will need:
- Proof of your permanent home address (documents showing your name and address, e.g. driver’s license or utility bills)
- Photo page of your identity document (i.e. HKID, passport), if applicable, with English translation
- Proof of your local address (utility bills, lease, official documents sent to this address with your name on it)
Apply for Personalised Octopus with "Student Status" (MTR Student Travel Scheme)
This scheme is applicable for full-time students who have yet to reach the age of 26.
Eligible students who do not have a personalised Octopus card, please refer HERE for application procedures.
Eligible students who already have a personalised Octopus card, please refer HERE for application procedures.
There are three types of arrangements for students under different schemes or study modes:
- For regular full-time students, the tuition fee will be deducted from your monthly studentship automatically. However, you will still receive tuition fee debit notes in electronic copy via your BUniPort account.
- For self-funded and part-time students, you will receive your tuition debit notes in electronic copy via your BUniPort account twice a year in February and August. Please settle the payment (Payment Instructions) by the stipulated due date; otherwise, a late charge will be imposed.
- For Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme awardees, the tuition fee for the first year will be waived. The tuition fee for the second to the fourth year of study will be waived subject to satisfactory performance.
- Fulfill the coursework requirements, for details, please refer to “Academic Requirements”.
- Students commencing studies on 1 September 2019 can register for HKBU courses and Cross-institutional courses after student registration. HKBU course information is available at BUniport. Cross-institutional course information is available HERE.