Academic Qualification Requirements
Applicants seeking admission to the PhD degree programme should possess:
- a master’s degree from a recognised university or comparable institution; or
- a bachelor’s degree with first class honours from a recognised university or comparable institution
Language Proficiency Requirements
An applicant seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English is required to obtain a minimum score in the
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at 550 (PBT)/79(IBT)* ; or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at 6.5.
* PBT: Paper-based Test; IBT: Internet-based Test. The TOEFL institution code of the University is 9467.
HKPFS Selection Criteria
While the academic excellence is of prime consideration, the Review Panels will take into account, but is not limited to the yardsticks below for the selection of candidates:
- Academic excellence
- Research ability and potential
- Leadership ability and societal responsibility, and
- Communication, interpersonal skills