Master of Social Sciences (MSocSc) in Sport and Leisure Management
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$120,000/programme
Cut Off Date 15 Jul 2019
Year of Entry 2019 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application DeadlineFull-time: Closed
Part-time: 15 Jul 2019
Programme DirectorProf CHOW Bik Chu (Head, Department of Sports and Physical Education)
|Units Requirement||27 units|
|Core Courses||6 units|
|Elective Courses||21 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2018/19 for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from a recognised university.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose first degree is obtained from non-English medium institutions. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
- a score of 537 (paper-based test), with a minimum score of 4.0 for writing section or 74 (internet-based test) with a minimum score of 21 for writing section in TOEFL; or
- an overall band score of 6.0 with a minimum score of 6.0 for writing section and 5.5 for other sections in IELTS; or
- an equivalent qualification.
Priority will be given to applicants who have related majors (e.g. physical education, sport/exercise science, sport/recreation/leisure management) or relevant work experiences.
Scholarship for Admitted Students from Asian Countries
A one-year scholarship with tuition waiver will be offered to an admitted full-time student applying to the Master of Social Sciences in Sport and Leisure Management (SLM) Programme, Department of Physical Education, Hong Kong Baptist University who fulfills the following scholarship eligibility:
- An awardee must hold nationality from an Asian country with proof of residency in the Asian country (past 12 months) other than Hong Kong, Macau or Mainland China, and
- Former or current sport or leisure administrator, or practitioner with a minimum of 3 years of related professional experience as well as recommendation from government sport organization or National Olympic Committee or from other professional and academic body of the respective country, or
- Athlete who has participated in major international sporting events (Olympics, Asian Games, World Championships etc.) with recommendation from government sport organizations or National Olympic Committees, and
- The awardee has fulfilled the general admission requirements including an admission interview.
One year full-time tuition fee (HK$110,000, approximately US$14,400) will be waived for an awardee. The maximum quota of scholarship is set at two annually.
For details, please refer to SLM Scholarship announcement.