Master of Social Sciences (MSocSc) in Counselling
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$106,000/programme (plus HK$17,100 of practicum fee)
Cut Off Date 26 Jun 2019
Year of Entry 2019 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application DeadlineFull-time: Local: 26 Jun 2019
Programme DirectorProf Petrus NG (Head, Department of Social Work),
Dr Daniel YOUNG (Associate Professor, Department of Social Work)
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Required Counselling Courses||12 units|
|Counselling Specialisation Courses||9 units|
|Counselling Elective Courses||3 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2018/19 for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees are obtained from non-English medium institutions. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
- an overall band score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- a score of 537 (paper-based test) or 74 (internet-based test) in TOEFL; or
- an equivalent score on a comparable test.
- Preferably with relevant experience of working with people in related fields; and
- Some background knowledge in psychology, human development, guidance, and/or other related courses.