Master of Science (MSc) in Marketing for the Creative Economy (Approved Programme under UGC's Targeted TPg Programmes Fellowships Scheme)
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year
Tuition Fee Local students: HK$200,850/programme; Non-local students: HK$257,500/programme (travel-related expenses will be incurred for both local and non-local students if an overseas field trip is scheduled*)
Cut Off Date 30 Nov 2022
Year of Entry 2023 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date12 Oct 2022
Application Deadline30 Nov 2022
Programme Director DesignateDr Junfeng ZHANG
|Selection Process||All application results will be announced via the Online Application System (Application Details --> Application Status). Please check your application status from time to time.|
The Programme aims to:
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Core Courses||15 units|
|Creative Service-Learning Project||3 units|
|Overseas Field Trip *||3 units|
|Elective Courses||9 units|
* Travel related expenses will be incurred if an overseas field trip is scheduled. Alternatives will be provided if the field trip must be canceled, rescheduled or downsized. The programme will provide a subsidy (HK10,000/student) for the field trip. For details, please consult the Programme Office.
Academic QualificationApplicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or comparable institution, or an equivalent qualification.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants are expected to meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree earned from a recognised English-medium institution; or
- TOEFL (internet-based) score of 79 or above; or
- IELTS (Academic) overall band score of 6.5 or above
- Other language requirements as set by the University.
Outstanding Academic Performance Award
Up to 10 scholarships will be granted to applicants with outstanding academic performance, depending on their qualifications.
Unique Programme Features
- A unique and interdisciplinary programme to cultivate creative and cultural leaders with knowledge that can be applied in retail market, entrepreneurship, arts administration, and management;
- The Programme offers overseas immersion, which gives students the opportunity to join a two-week overseas field trip in the summer term to broaden their experience and understanding of creative economies at an international level. A subsidy of HK$10,000 will be provided to every student for this field trip;
- Students get to solve real-life problems through the Creative Service-Learning Project. A subsidy of HK$5,000 will be provided to each student to support the Creative Service-Learning Project. Presentations will be conducted via a Virtual Symposium for students to exchange ideas with academics and practitioners across the globe.
Who Should Apply?
This postgraduate level programme targets graduates with a degree in business or creative practices who wish to contribute their business and marketing knowledge to the regional or global creative economies.