Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Chinese Medicine (MPS)
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$120,000/programme
Cut Off Date 02 Jun 2022
Year of Entry 2022 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date16 Nov 2021
Application DeadlineFull-time: 18 April 2022
Part-time: 2 June 2022
Programme DirectorProf YU Zhiling
Programme Office (852) 3411 firstname.lastname@example.org http://scm.hkbu.edu.hk/tc/education/taught_postgraduate_programmes/
|Units Requirement||29 units|
|Compulsory Courses||23 units|
* Students can take either Dissertation or two courses (Thinking Approach and Methodology of Chinese Medicine and Formulation Theories and Practices of Chinese Medicinal Formulae)
For those who have not previously studied Chinese Medicine or Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine, they must take an additional course, Overview on Chinese Medicine and Chinese Materia Medica (中醫藥學概論), as supplement. The academic results of the supplementary course obtained by the students will be recorded in the student transcript (Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory) without GPA grading. An additional course fee will be charged to those who are required to take the course as supplementary study.
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
- A bachelor of Chinese Medicine or Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine degree; or
- A non-Chinese Medicine degree, but with qualifications equivalent to the above, e.g. applicants with a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Science or Medicine ; or
- Pharmacists or registered Chinese Medicine practitioners of Hong Kong; or
- Graduates of Professional Diploma of Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine or programmes of similar nature, who have more than three years of relevant working experience.
Applicants with qualifications listed in (2), (3) or (4) above may be required to pass an assessment conducted by the Programme Management Committee.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants must have:
- obtained a bachelor's degree with Chinese language as the primary medium of instruction in the major courses; or
- obtained Grade E or above in Chinese Language and Culture in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination; or
- obtained Level 3 or above in Chinese Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE); or
- passed the Chinese language test arranged by the School of Chinese Medicine, HKBU.