Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
Study Mode Part-time: 3-6 years
Tuition Fee HK$678,000/programme
Cut Off Date 29 Feb 2020
Year of Entry 2020 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date15 Nov 2019
Application Deadline29 Feb 2020
Programme DirectorDr WU Wei-ping
|Aims||The Doctor of Business Administration Programme (工商管理博士學位課程), is designed to provide a higher intellectual platform for organisational leaders and potential “practitioner-scholars” to further develop themselves to meet the challenges of the dynamic business world and to make application-oriented scholarly contributions in business and management.
Launched in 2008/09, the programme is tailor-made to meet the demand for a part-time route to a postgraduate qualification at doctoral level and has a more structured approach than the traditional part-time PhD, with an emphasis on the significant contribution to practice, policy or strategy within the context of the individual’s workplace or professional practice. It aims to provide both generic training in research methods in social sciences and subject-specific training in research methodologies appropriate to business and management. It also helps to develop vital management skills on analytical, conceptual and critical thinking and strategy generation which are essential for problem-solving and strategic planning.
|Units Requirement||48 units|
|Required Courses||48 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2019/20 for details of the list of courses.|
- An MBA or a master’s degree in business-related subjects from a recognised university or equivalent; and
- Substantial years (normally 10 years or above) of managerial or professional experience at an appropriate level.
Language Proficiency Requirement
- Proficiency in English language (such as completion of a degree programme taught in English); or
- TOEFL score of 79 or above for the internet-based test; or
- IELTS score of 6.5 or above; or
- Equivalent score on a comparable test.
Applicants must submit:
- A statement of purpose of 2000 – 3000 words, stating the interested area of research, as part of the selection process.
- Contact information of two referees who are in the position to give comment on the applicant’s professional work and suitability for the programme.
In each academic year, DBA students will be awarded a DBA Distinction Scholarship of HK$6,000 if they
- have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.67 or above at graduation; and
- have not repeated any courses; and
- have no course grade below B-; and
(subject to the same conditions applied to the Distinction academic standing) and
- can graduate within four years without suspension