Programme of Study
- Candidates will pursue a programme of study approved by the Graduate School, and shall present themselves for relevant examinations and at such times as may be required by the examiners.
- The programme of study shall comprise:
- supervised original research work culminating in the submission of a thesis;
- coursework as required by the respective Faculty;
- attendance at lectures, study groups and workshops as well as participation in seminars, colloquia and conferences as directed by the supervisor(s);
- any other courses needed to make up for the candidate’s deficiencies as required by the supervisor(s) and the University; and
- the Mandatory Common Core Programme
The following are also mandatory for students undertaking the 4-year PhD Programme:
- 3-6 months overseas learning experience;
- oral/poster presentation at a reputable international conference, workshop or exhibition;
- publications as required by the Faculty; and
- any other discipline-specific requirements.