Master of Social Sciences (MSocSc) in Sport and Leisure Management (Approved Programme under UGC's Targeted TPg Programmes Fellowships Scheme)
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$135,000/programme
Cut Off Date 15 Jul 2024
Year of Entry 2024 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date2 Jan 2024
Application Deadline2 Jun 2024 (non-local)
15 Jul 2024 (local)
Programme DirectorDr DUAN Yanping
Programme Office (852) 3411 firstname.lastname@example.org https://speh.hkbu.edu.hk/en/programs_and_courses/detail/58
|Units Requirement||27 units|
|Core Courses||6 units|
|Elective Courses||21 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from a recognised university.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose first degree is obtained from non-English medium institutions. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
- a score of 74 (internet-based test) with a minimum score of 21 for writing section in TOEFL*; or
- an overall band score of 6.0 with a minimum score of 6.0 for writing section and 5.5 for other sections in IELTS*; or
- an equivalent qualification.
*Note: Test result provided should be within two years from the date of issuance of the Admission Offer letter. TOEFL iBT Home Edition or IELTS Indicator test is not accepted.
Priority will be given to applicants who have related majors (e.g. physical education, sport/exercise science, sport/recreation/leisure management) or relevant work experiences.
Scholarship for Admitted Students from Asian Countries
A one-year scholarship with tuition waiver will be offered to an admitted full-time student applying to the Master of Social Sciences in Sport and Leisure Management (SLM) Programme, Department of Sport, Physical Education and Health, Hong Kong Baptist University who fulfills the following scholarship eligibility:
- An awardee must hold nationality from an Asian country with proof of residency in the Asian country (past 12 months) other than Hong Kong, Macau or Mainland China, and
- Former or current sport or leisure administrator, or practitioner with a minimum of 3 years of related professional experience as well as recommendation from government sport organization or National Olympic Committee or from other professional and academic body of the respective country, or
- Athlete who has participated in major international sporting events (Olympics, Asian Games, World Championships etc.) with recommendation from government sport organizations or National Olympic Committees, and
- The awardee has fulfilled the general admission requirements including an admission interview.
One year full-time tuition fee will be waived for an awardee. The maximum quota of scholarship is set at two annually.
For details, please refer to SLM Scholarship announcement.