Master of Social Sciences (MSocSc) in Counselling (Approved Programme under UGC's Targeted TPg Programmes Fellowships Scheme)
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$176,000/programme (included practicum fee)
Cut Off Date 24 Jul 2024
Year of Entry 2024 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date1 Nov 2023
Application Deadline5 Jun 2024 (non-local)
24 Jul 2024 (local)
(Early closure of application upon quota full)
Programme DirectorDr PAN Jiayan
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Required Counselling Courses||12 units|
|Counselling Specialisation Courses||9 units|
|Counselling Elective Courses||3 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees are obtained from non-English medium institutions. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
- an overall band score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*; or
- a score of 74 (internet-based test) in TOEFL*; or
- an equivalent score on a comparable test.
*Note: Test result provided should be within two years from the date of issuance of the Admission Offer letter. TOEFL iBT Home Edition or IELTS Indicator test is not accepted.
- Preferably with relevant experience of working with people in related fields; and
- Some background knowledge in psychology, human development, guidance, and/or other related courses.