Master of Science (MSc) in Strategic Human Resources Management
Study Mode Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$198,000/programme
Cut Off Date 01 Mar 2021
Year of Entry 2021 September
Application Start Date28 Sep 2020
Application Deadline1 Mar 2021
Programme DirectorDr Jamie CHEUNG
The Programme aims to prepare graduates to:
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Required Courses||24 units|
|Elective Courses||3 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
- A good Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or comparable institution, or an equivalent professional qualification in Human Resources Management; or
- A postgraduate diploma in Human Resources Management from a recognised institution;
- Applicants should have work experience in a supervisory, managerial or professional role for preferably a minimum of five years.
- Applicants with other post-secondary qualifications (e.g. diploma in HRM) and at least 10 years of work experience,
including 3 years in professional and managerial capacity, will also be considered on an individual and exceptional basis.
Language Proficiency RequirementApplicants graduated from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English must achieve the following English
- TOEFL: 79 (internet-based); or
- IELTS (Academic): Overall band score of 6.5.
Two academic awards are set up (a) to encourage our HKBU alumni to pursue advanced professional education and (b) to motivate MScSHRM students to strive for academic excellence:
(a) The HKBU Alumni Entrance Award is worth HK$10,000 and two awards are available. Students need to be HKBU undergraduate alumni and to have attained an upper second class honours degree.
(b) The Graduation Academic Award is designed to reward those who have attained excellent scholastic performance in their MScSHRM studies. It is worth HK$10,000 and will be given to three students who have obtained the highest GPA provided that their cumulative GPA is no less than 3.40, with no repeated courses and no course grade below B-.