Master of Science (MSc) in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing
Study Mode Full-time: 1.25-year
Tuition Fee HK$268,000/programme
Cut Off Date 02 Jul 2023
Year of Entry 2024 January
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date12 Oct 2022
Application Deadline02 Jul 2023
Programme DirectorDr Clara KAN
|Selection Process||Interested applicants please visit the Programme's website at: http://bus.hkbu.edu.hk/eng/mscegm/admission/admission-requirements/index.jsp|
The Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing (MScEGM) is a Master's degree programme offered by the Department of Marketing, Hong Kong Baptist University, to be completed on 15-month full-time study basis.
This programme distinguishes itself from other programmes by its international component. It is designed for graduates from any discipline, regardless of nationality who wish to gain the entrepreneurial knowledge, mind-set and tools to evaluate and drive business opportunities and for those seeking graduate education to advance into managerial and leadership roles or to start an entrepreneurial career.
|Units Requirement||48 units|
|Required Courses||33 units|
|Business Project (or Academic Dissertation)||15 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
Academic QualificationApplicants should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits, in any discipline from a recognised university or comparable institution.
Language Proficiency RequirementFor non-English native applicants, you need to meet the English requirement as stipulated below:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree which is obtained from a recognised institution where English is the medium of instruction; or
- An overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam, with not less than 6 in each component test; or
- TOEFL: IBT: 90 (minimum score of 21 in each band); or
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam: A, B or C; or
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): a minimum of 63.
GMAT and French language are not required for this programme.
An array of MSc in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing scholarships and awards scheme is set up to reward excellent scholastic performance in their master programme studies.
Hong Kong Baptist UniversityScholarships/Tuition-waiver Award
Scholarships and awards offered by Hong Kong Baptist University are listed as follows:
- HK$25,000 each for students with GMAT score of 650 or above#;
- HK$50,000 each for students with GMAT score of 700 or above#;
- HK$50,000 for a student who start up a business by the end of the Programme^;
- HK$10,000 with academic excellence upon completing the Programme for top 3 students.
International Postgraduate Scholarship (IPS)
International Postgraduate Scholarship is offered to outstanding international students. Scholarship recipients will get full tuition waiver plus HK$100,000 living allowance (approx. US$12,820). Eligible applicants will be automatically considered for the scholarship based on their overall application profile and interview performance.
Lifelong Learning Award
Graduates (with an associate degree or above) of Hong Kong Baptist University, HKBU-SCE and UIC are entitled to a Life-Long Learning Award of HK$10,000 if they are admitted to this programme.
Seed Funding Support for Start-Up Projects
At the end of the programme, students will have the chance to pitch their business ideas to investors and potentially receive Venture Capital Funding to found their own company. Up to HKD1 million will be awarded to potential start-up projects.
# The Scholarships may be offered subject to availability.
^The scholarship nominations are subject to final scrutiny and approval by the Programme Panel.
Unique Programme Features
- A unique international learning opportunity to cultivate students with creative approaches to entrepreneurial growth while in France and global marketing skills to maintain a responsible entrepreneurial business in the global era while in Hong Kong
- An international advisory team of business and startup experts will provide students with hands-on coaching and guidance on start-up ideas and projects
- Up to HKD1 million venture capital funding will be awarded to potential start-up projects
- Non-local graduates of the programme may apply to stay and work in Hong Kong for 12 months.
GraduationThere are two levels of award:
- Students may exit with an award of a Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing if they have completed and passed 12 required core courses (33 units) having met the graduation requirements of HKBU (including a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50).
- The Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing will be granted to students who have completed and passed all the 12 required core courses and the Business Project with a total of 48 HKBU units, and having met the requirements of HKBU (including a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5).
This is an exempted course under the NON-LOCAL HIGHER AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION (REGULATION) ORDINANCE CAP 493 (Ref. No.: 472820/472821). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.