Master of Accountancy (MAcc)
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee Local students: HK$200,000/programme; Non-local students: HK$250,000/programme (plus HK$5,000/each required pre-core programme course)
Cut Off Date 05 Jul 2021
Year of Entry 2021 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date28 Sep 2020
Application Deadline7 Jun 2021 (Full-time)
5 Jul 2021 (Part-time)
Programme DirectorDr Daniel H K HO
|Units Requirement||36 units|
|Required Courses||21 units|
|Elective Courses||15 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised tertiary institution; or
- A qualification deemed to be equivalent.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose bachelor’s degrees were obtained from non-English medium institutions. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
- a score of 79 (internet-based test) in TOEFL; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS.
Notes for Applicants
- Applicants bear the responsibility to confirm with the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA) that their bachelor’s degrees are recognised in meeting the student registration requirements of the HKICPA Qualification Programme (QP) before applying for admission to this MAcc programme.
- Applicants expecting the acquisition of the requisite academic qualification before the programme commencement may also apply for admission.
- Both business and non-business degree holders must satisfy the pre-core programme requirements prior to their completion of the MAcc programme. The pre-core programme includes courses in accounting, economics, information systems, intermediate accounting, management, marketing for accountants and statistics. Applicants with deficiencies in any of these courses must take, at their extra cost, the prescribed pre-core programme courses (which are non-unit bearing courses with pass/fail option) to satisfy the competency requirements for admission to the HKICPA QP. The offering of pre-core programme courses by the Department is subject to the demand of admissions.