Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) - Subject Teaching and Subject Knowledge (STSK) Stream
Faculty of Social Sciences
Study Mode Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee Local students: HK$42,100/programme Non-local students: HK$145,000/programme
Cut Off Date 01 May 2023
Year of Entry 2023 September
Funding Nature UGC-funded
Application Start Date15 Nov 2022
Application Deadline1 May 2023
Programme DirectorDr LUI Ming
|Aims||Subject Teaching and Subject Knowledge (STSK) Stream aims to provide professional training in pedagogical skills and subject knowledge pertaining to a specialising subject for school teachers who did not major in this subject for their university study and PGDE (or equivalent) training.|
|Units Requirement||28 units|
|Subject Teaching and Field Practice Courses||10 units|
|Subject Knowledge Courses||18 units|
|Specialising Subjects||Applications are invited for the following Specialising subjects:
Eventual provision will depend on needs and departmental resources.
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent;
- a postgraduate diploma/certificate in education or equivalent in a subject other than the specialising subject of the chosen stream.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose bachelor’s degrees were obtained from programmes where the medium of instruction is not English. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
For applicants applying for the English specialising subject:
- An overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
For applicants applying for non-English specialising subjects:
- An overall band score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
- Applicants should possess a full-time local school teacher status^.
- Students may be provisionally accepted at the time of application, but they should have their full-time local school teacher status confirmed before registration for the programme.
^ Subjects taught should include the specialising subject following the norms set by the Department of Education Studies. Applicants who do not have a full-time local school teacher status will be considered on a case-by-case basis and, if admitted, have to fulfill teaching practice requirements stipulated by the Department.
For UGC-funded programmes, unless otherwise approved by the University, registered candidates are normally not permitted to register part-time or full-time for any other qualification, either at the University itself or at any other local institution of higher learning. Candidates breaching this regulation are subject to discontinuation of their studies at the University.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.