Master of Social Work (MSW)
Faculty of Social Sciences
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$100,300/programme
Cut Off Date 26 Jul 2021
Year of Entry 2021 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date16 Nov 2020
Application Deadline7 Jun 2021 (non-local)
26 July 2021 (local)
(Early closure of application upon quota full)
Programme DirectorDr FUNG Kwok Kin
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Integative Courses||12 units|
|Concentration Courses||9 units|
|Elective Courses||9 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree in Social Work* from a recognised university or equivalent
(* Usually a good second class degree is required, but applicants with outstanding work experience may be considered)
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees are obtained from non-English medium institutions. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
- an overall band score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- a score of 74 (internet-based test) in TOEFL; or
- an equivalent score on a comparable test.
Preferably with 2 years of work experience in the field of social work or equivalent.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.