Master of Social Sciences (MSocSc) in Sport and Leisure Management
Faculty of Social Sciences
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$110,000/programme
Cut Off Date 28 Feb 2019
Year of Entry 2019 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date2 Jan 2019
Application Deadline28 Feb 2019
Programme DirectorProf CHOW Bik Chu (Head, Department of Sports and Physical Education)
|Units Requirement||27 units|
|Core Courses||6 units|
|Elective Courses||21 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2018/19 for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from a recognised university.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose first degree is obtained from non-English medium institutions. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
- a score of 537 (paper-based test), with a minimum score of 4.0 for writing section or 74 (internet-based test) with a minimum score of 21 for writing section in TOEFL; or
- an overall band score of 6.0 with a minimum score of 6.0 for writing section and 5.5 for other sections in IELTS; or
- an equivalent qualification.
Priority will be given to applicants who have related majors (e.g. physical education, sport/exercise science, sport/recreation/leisure management) or relevant work experiences.
Scholarship for Admitted Students from Asian Countries
A one-year scholarship with tuition waiver will be offered to an admitted full-time student applying to the Master of Social Sciences in Sport and Leisure Management (SLM) Programme, Department of Physical Education, Hong Kong Baptist University who fulfills the following scholarship eligibility:
- An awardee must hold nationality from an Asian country with proof of residency in the Asian country (past 12 months) other than Hong Kong, Macau or Mainland China, and
- Former or current sport or leisure administrator, or practitioner with a minimum of 3 years of related professional experience as well as recommendation from government sport organization or National Olympic Committee or from other professional and academic body of the respective country, or
- Athlete who has participated in major international sporting events (Olympics, Asian Games, World Championships etc.) with recommendation from government sport organizations or National Olympic Committees, and
- The awardee has fulfilled the general admission requirements including an admission interview.
One year full-time tuition fee (HK$110,000, approximately US$14,400) will be waived for an awardee. The maximum quota of scholarship is set at two annually.
For details, please refer to SLM Scholarship announcement.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.