Master of Social Sciences (MSocSc) in Social Work
Faculty of Social Sciences
Study Mode Full-time: 2 years; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee Full-time: HK$275,000/programme ; Part-time: HK$260,000/programme (included the fee for 2 fieldwork placements)
Cut Off Date 24 Jul 2023
Year of Entry 2023 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date15 Nov 2022
Application Deadline7 Jun 2023 (non-local)
24 Jul 2023 (local)
(Early closure of application upon quota full)
Programme DirectorProf NG Petrus Y N (Programme Director of Full-time programme)
Dr WONG King Lai (Programme Director of Part-time programme)
Programme Office (852) 3411 email@example.com https://sowk.hkbu.edu.hk/en/programmes/detail/44
|Units Requirement||37 units|
|Social Work Courses||21 units|
|Elective Course||3 units|
|Integrative Tutorials||3 units|
|Fieldwork Placements||10 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university, or
- a qualification deemed to be equivalent.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees are obtained from institutions with non-English teaching medium. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
- an overall band score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- a score of 74 (internet-based test) in TOEFL; or
- an equivalent score on a comparable test.
Priority will be given to applicants with RSW qualification (registered on the basis of a recognised social work diploma) or with social sciences background at undergraduate level.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.