Master of Social Sciences (MSocSc) in Media Management
School of Communication
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee Full-time: HK$145,000/programme; Part-time: HK$120,000/programme
Cut Off Date 15 Jun 2020
Year of Entry 2020 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date15 Nov 2019
Application Deadline1st round: 31 Jan 2020
2nd round: 30 Apr 2020
Final round: 15 Jun 2020 (non-local)
8 Aug 2020 (local)
Programme DirectorMr Raymond LI
|Units Requirement||27 units|
|Required Courses||12 units|
|Elective Courses||12 units|
|Professional Application Project
(Optional; can be replaced by an elective course)
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2019/20 for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree with honours from a recognised university or comparable institution.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants whose first degree is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should possess a minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based test); or an overall IELTS band score of 6.5.
- Professional experience would be preferred.
- Applicants should submit a 500-word essay in English outlining their academic interests and objectives, and
- A sample of publication or research paper written by the applicant, if any.
Merit-based scholarships will be awarded in the second semester to students with outstanding academic performance in the first semester of the study. Awarded students receive between HK$10,000 and HK$20,000.
A postgraduate diploma may be awarded only to those who have chosen but cannot complete the Application Project, while the coursework is fulfilled with a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above and all courses scoring grade C- or above. Reasons for failing to complete the Application Project must be deemed acceptable by the Programme Management Committee.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.