Master of Social Sciences (MSocSc) in Counselling
Faculty of Social Sciences
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$106,000/programme (plus HK$17,100 of practicum fee)
Cut Off Date 08 Aug 2019
Year of Entry 2019 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application DeadlineFull-time: Local: 8 Aug 2019; Non local: 15 Jun 2019
Programme DirectorProf Petrus NG (Head, Department of Social Work),
Dr Daniel YOUNG (Associate Professor, Department of Social Work)
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Required Counselling Courses||12 units|
|Counselling Specialisation Courses||9 units|
|Counselling Elective Courses||3 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2018/19 for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees are obtained from non-English medium institutions. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
- an overall band score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- a score of 537 (paper-based test) or 74 (internet-based test) in TOEFL; or
- an equivalent score on a comparable test.
- Preferably with relevant experience of working with people in related fields; and
- Some background knowledge in psychology, human development, guidance, and/or other related courses.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.