Master of Social Sciences (MSocSc) (Contemporary China Studies)
Faculty of Social Sciences
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$98,000/programme
Cut Off Date 08 Aug 2019
Year of Entry 2019 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application DeadlineLocal applicants: 8 Aug 2019
Non-local applicants: 15 Jun 2019
Programme DirectorProf MAK King Sang
|Units Requirement||27 units|
|Required Courses||3 units|
|Concentration/Field and Elective Courses||24 units|
|Concentrations||The programme has four concentrations as follows:
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2018/19 for details of the list of courses.|
- should hold a bachelor’s degree, or qualification of equivalent standard from another university or comparable institution;
- with a background in social sciences and/or humanities will be given preference.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants should meet the English proficiency requirement. Applicants should have a bachelor degree from a university in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country; or submit one of the following original score reports/certificates for assessment:
- TOEFL (minimum score: 550 (paper-based); 79 (internet-based); or
- IELTS (academic): band score of 6.5 or above; or
- College English Test (CET 6): 450 or above
Frequency of Intake
Twice a year, admission in September and January (upon announcement).
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.