Master of Science (MSc) in Personal Health Management (Chinese Medicine) (MHM) (Approved Programme under UGC's Targeted TPg Programmes Fellowships Scheme)
School of Chinese Medicine
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$130,000/programme (# with an additional course fee HK$12,300 if applicable)
Cut Off Date 02 May 2023
Year of Entry 2023 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date15 Nov 2022
Application DeadlineFull-time: 6 Mar 2023
Part-time: 2 May 2023
Programme DirectorProf BIAN Zhaoxiang
Programme Office (852) 3411 firstname.lastname@example.org http://scm.hkbu.edu.hk/tc/education/taught_postgraduate_programmes/
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Compulsory Courses||27 units|
* Students can take either Dissertation or one elective course (Formulation Theories and Practices of Chinese Medicinal Formulae).
# For those who have not previously studied Chinese Medicine or Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine, they are required to take a supplementary course -- Overview on Chinese Medicine and Chinese Materia Medica (中醫藥學概論). The course fee is HK$12,300 and the students must satisfactorily complete the course which will be recorded in their academic transcript.
For the Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme (TPgFs) awardees, the course fee will also be subsidized by the TPgFs.
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should be
- holders of good bachelor’s degree and the Hong Kong registered healthcare personnel’s; or
- holders of a good bachelor’s degree in other disciplines from a recognised university; or
- holders of a good bachelor’s degree of Chinese medicine or pharmacy in Chinese medicine from a recognised university; or
- registered Chinese medicine practitioners in Hong Kong, who have passed the Hong Kong Chinese Medicine Practitioners Licensing Examination.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants must have
- obtained a bachelor’s degree with Chinese language as the primary medium of instruction in the major courses; or
- obtained Grade E or above in Chinese Language and Culture in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE); or
- obtained Level 3 in Chinese Language in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE); or
- passed the Chinese language test arranged by the School of Chinese Medicine, HKBU.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.