Master of Science (MSc) in Personal Health Management (Chinese Medicine) (MHM) (Approved Programme under UGC's Targeted TPg Programmes Fellowships Scheme)
School of Chinese Medicine
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$124,000/programme
Cut Off Date 01 May 2021
Year of Entry 2021 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date16 Nov 2020
Application DeadlineFull-time: 16 Apr 2021
Part-time: 1 May 2021
Programme DirectorProf BIAN Zhaoxiang
Programme Office (852) 3411 email@example.com http://scm.hkbu.edu.hk/tc/education/taught_postgraduate_programmes/
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Compulsory Courses||27 units|
* Students can take either Dissertation or one elective course (Formulation Theories and Practices of Chinese Medicinal Formulae).
For those who have not previously studied Chinese Medicine or Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine, they must take an additional course, Overview on Chinese Medicine and Chinese Materia Medica (中醫藥學概論), as supplement. The academic results of the supplementary course obtained by the students will be recorded in the student transcript (Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory) without GPA grading. An additional course fee will be charged to those who are required to take the course as supplementary study.
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should be
- holders of good bachelor’s degree and the Hong Kong registered healthcare personnel’s; or
- holders of a good bachelor’s degree in other disciplines from a recognised university; or
- holders of a good bachelor’s degree of Chinese medicine or pharmacy in Chinese medicine from a recognised university; or
- registered Chinese medicine practitioners in Hong Kong, who have passed the Hong Kong Chinese Medicine Practitioners Licensing Examination.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants must have
- obtained a bachelor’s degree with Chinese language as the primary medium of instruction in the major courses; or
- obtained Grade E or above in Chinese Language and Culture in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE); or
- obtained Level 3 in Chinese Language in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE); or
- passed the Chinese language test arranged by the School of Chinese Medicine, HKBU.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.