Master of Science (MSc) in Mathematical Finance
Faculty of Science
Study Mode Full-time: 1.5 years
Tuition Fee HK$210,000/programme
Cut Off Date 24 Jul 2023
Year of Entry 2023 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date5 Oct 2022
Application Deadline7 Jun 2023 (non-local)
24 Jul 2023 (local)
Programme DirectorDr CHOI Pui Wah
Programme Office (852) 3411 email@example.com http://www.math.hkbu.edu.hk/MFFM/
|Units Requirement||39 units|
|Required Courses||39 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Business or other related majors and be proficient in basic Mathematics.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants should satisfy at least one of the following requirements on English language proficiency:
- applicants used English as the medium of learning in their Bachelor’s degree programme; or
- a minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Note: TOEFL is not accepted as a proof of English language proficiency.
Scholarships shall be awarded to full-time students whose cumulative GPA is more than or equal to 3.40 in the second semester of the double-degree programme. The amount of each scholarship will be determined by Kent Business School of University of Kent and Department of Mathematics of Hong Kong Baptist University.
A number of entrance scholarships offered by University of Kent are available to students of the double-degree programmer. Please visit the following website for further information: https://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/search/FN35KBSSES02.
This master programme is jointly operated by the Department of Mathematics of Hong Kong Baptist University and Kent Business School of the University of Kent in the United Kingdom.
Courses in the first two semesters are offered at the University of Kent, UK. Airfare, accommodation and local expenses in the UK will be borne by the students.
Students who have satisfactorily completed the programme requirements will be awarded the following two degrees:
- Master of Science in Mathematical Finance (conferred by Hong Kong Baptist University, HK) and
- Master of Science in Finance (conferred by the University of Kent, UK)
The University of Kent has an excellent international reputation and Kent Business School has a very strong faculty in both teaching and research. Their experience and expertise, in particular in the area of business and management would give us the strength in practical, operational and managerial areas. The faculty members in the Department of Mathematics of Hong Kong Baptist University have a very strong background in Mathematical Finance and Statistics. Therefore, the launch of this joint MSc in Mathematical Finance programme would be an ideal and perfect match and cooperation between the two universities.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.