Master of Science (MSc) in Data Analytics and Business Economics
School of Business
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year
Tuition Fee HK$210,000/programme
Cut Off Date 31 Jan 2020
Year of Entry 2020 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Deadline31 Jan 2020
Programme DirectorDr WAN Shui Ki
Programme Office (852) 3411 2175, (852) 3411 firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme, Master of Science in Data Analytics and Business Economics (MScDABE), provides solid training in business economic analysis and data analytics. By taking various applied electives, in addition to the core foundation courses, students will be trained to analyse business economic issues using relevant data.
A distinct feature of this programme is a balanced training in business economic knowledge, statistical models, and programming skills. Specifically, this programme aims at training:
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Required Courses||15 units*|
|Elective Courses||15 units*|
* Subject to University's approval
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2019/20 for details of the list of courses.|
The overall scholastic record and potential of the applicant for admission is more important than prior preparation in specific areas of economics. The programme is open to students with an undergraduate degree either in business or in non-business fields with good quantitative training.
General Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the Master of Science in Data Analytics and Business Economics Programme, the applicant must hold a bachelor's degree from a recognised university, or equivalent, with satisfactory academic performance.
Language Proficiency Requirements
Proof of English proficiency is required for applicants whose first degree were obtained from non-English-medium institutions. The English proficiency requirement can be fulfilled by achieving any one of the following standards:
- a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 79; or
- a minimum of 6.5 in IELTS; or
- other equivalent qualifications.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.