Master of Science (MSc) in Applied Accounting and Finance
School of Business
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 1.5 years
Tuition Fee Local students: HK$160,000/programme Non-local students: HK$220,000/programme
Cut Off Date 31 May 2020
Year of Entry 2020 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Deadline Full-time : 31 May 2020
Part-time : 31 May 2020
|Aims||A distinct feature of the MScAAF Programme is to emphasise on the integration of the knowledge in both accounting and finance disciplines. This programme attempts to add value to accounting and finance professionals, business managers and executives by providing 11 courses covering the applied knowledge and skills in accounting and finance fields. Besides 8 required courses, students can select 2 more elective courses, so that they shall have a balanced knowledge in both disciplines. Additional one non-credit bearing course can also widen the exposure of the students, and bring them up-to-date in various current business issues. Students’ understanding of the conceptual and practical issues relating to both accounting and finance disciplines will be nurtured in the teaching and learning process.|
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Required Courses||24 units|
|Elective Courses||6 units|
|Non-credit bearing Course||0 unit|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2019/20 for details of the list of courses.|
- A bachelor's degree with honours in Business from a recognised university or comparable institution, or a professional qualification deemed to be equivalent (e.g., a professional qualification in accounting or finance field such as CPA/ACCA from designated accounting bodies, CFA from Institute of Certified Financial Analysts, CMA from Institute of Management Accountants, etc.); or
- A bachelor's degree in other disciplines with relevant experience and/or training in Accounting, Finance, Management or related fields.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants should possess proof of English proficiency if their first degrees were obtained from non-English-medium institutions:
- a minimum IELTS overall band score of 6.5; or
- TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based); or
- the equivalent score of other tests.
Full-time mode applicants are required to provide a satisfactory score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT);
Part-time mode applicants are required to have a minimum three years of relevant working experience.
Students with non-Business degree who lack basic training/experience in Accounting, Finance or related fields may also be qualified, conditional to a make-up of the accounting and finance fundamentals through an intensive foundation course at their extra cost or the guided self-study before the commence of the MScAAF programme.
Application for exemption or unit transfer of a course will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Only courses completed at relevant postgraduate level or equivalent and with similar contents can be used to claim for exemption or credit transfer. Each student can receive exemptions or credit transfer for no more than two courses. Under current arrangement, members of HKICPA and ACCA can gain exemption for 2 courses with tuition fee waived.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.