Master of Science (MSc) in Analytical Chemistry
Faculty of Science
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$120,000/programme
Cut Off Date 08 Aug 2019
Year of Entry 2019 September
Application DeadlineLocal applicants: 8 Aug 2019
Non-local applicants: 15 Jun 2019
|Units Requirement||27 units|
|Required Courses||23 units|
|Elective Courses||4 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2018/19 for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree with honours in Chemistry or in Physical and Life Sciences, such as Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Environmental Science, Food Science, Pharmacology, etc. where a strong emphasis is placed on analytical techniques and measurements, from a recognised university or comparable institution; or a qualification deemed to be equivalent.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants should fulfill any one of the following English requirements:
- TOEFL: 550 (paper-based) or 79 (internet-based); or
- IELTS (academic): overall band of 6.5; or
- CET-6 (College English Test band 6): 450; or
- Applicants who had successfully graduated from a bachelor's degree programme that adopts English as the medium of instruction.
Others Applicants with an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent may also apply, and will be required to satisfactorily complete an English enhancement course offered by the University if admitted.
Applicants who do not possess a formal degree qualification but have substantial documented relevant working experience in Analytical Chemistry may be considered. Applicants will be interviewed to determine their suitability for studying the programme.
Interim award of Postgraduate Diploma will be granted to those who have completed all the core courses specified in the Calendar/Bulletin in the year of enrolment to the programme except for the Dissertation, and also have completed the necessary number of elective course(s) to make up a minimum of 18 units. Grade attained for all the courses must be C- or above and the cumulative GPA should be 2.50 or above.
Students with the interim award are allowed to apply to complete the MSc in Analytical Chemistry programme within a period of five years from graduation with the Postgraduate Diploma. In such circumstance, the students should surrender their Postgraduate Diploma. Students intending to return and resume their studies will be subject to the availability of the MSc in Analytical Chemistry programme, and they may be required to take extra units if the MSc in Analytical Chemistry programme structure has undergone subsequent changes.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.