Master of Science (MSc) in AI and Digital Media
School of Communication, Faculty of Science
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee Full-time: HK$145,000/programme; Part-time: HK$120,000/programme
Cut Off Date 15 Jun 2020
Year of Entry 2020 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date15 Nov 2019
Application Deadline1st round: 31 Jan 2020
2nd round: 30 Apr 2020
Final round: 15 Jun 2020 (non-local)
8 Aug 2020 (local)
Programme DirectorDr ZHANG Xinzhi
The programme aims to provide students with cutting-edge interdisciplinary knowledge of and skills in AI and media communication needed for the computational and digital age. Students are expected to become proficient in essential aspects of data-driven research, story-telling, branding and promotion, audience engagement and editorial decision-making. Students are also expected to be able to apply these data media and communications skills to produce analytics, solutions and insights for media organisations and others in or connected to the industry. Grounded in an academic core of several theoretical and methodological courses, the Programme offers a wide range of elective courses focusing on knowledge and practice in media institutions and operations in the context of the digital transition. These combinations of courses have been chosen with the specific goal of nurturing high-quality, ethical professionals and managerial personnel in the media and communication industry.
On completion of the programme, students will be able to:
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Required Courses||15 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2019/20 for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree with honours from a recognised university or institution.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants should be able to communicate in English at an advanced level, possessing one or more of the following qualifications if they did not study in an English-speaking institution:
- an IELTS overall band score of at least 6.0; or
- a minimum score of 74 in TOEFL (iBT); or
- a minimum score of 450 in CET-6.
- Applicants should submit a 500-word letter of interest in English.
- Applicants should submit a work portfolio (publications, demonstration, GitHub repositories, personal websites, etc), and provide other qualifications and awards, if any.
- Applicants should provide two reference letters.
Admission Scholarship with details have to be approved. The scholarship recipients will be chosen by the Programme on the strength of their applications.
A postgraduate diploma may be awarded to those who have completed all the coursework and attained a cGPA of 2.50 or above with all courses scoring grade C- or above (excluding Project), but have not completed a satisfactory Project within the normal study period for reasons deemed acceptable by the Taught Postgraduate Programmes Management Committee.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.