Master of Science (MSc) in Drug Discovery (Modernization of Chinese Medicine) (MDD)
School of Chinese Medicine
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$135,000/programme (# with an additional course fee HK$12,300 if applicable)
Cut Off Date 02 May 2023
Year of Entry 2023 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date15 Nov 2022
Application DeadlineFull-time: 1 Apr 2023
Part-time: 2 May 2023
Programme DirectorProf ZHANG Ge
Programme Office (852) 3411 firstname.lastname@example.org http://scm.hkbu.edu.hk/tc/education/taught_postgraduate_programmes/
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Compulsory Courses||27 units|
* Students can take either Dissertation or one elective course (Formulation Theories and Practices of Chinese Medicinal Formulae).
# For those who have not previously studied Chinese Medicine or Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine, they are required to take a supplementary course -- Overview on Chinese Medicine and Chinese Materia Medica (中醫藥學概論). The course fee is HK$12,300 and the students must satisfactorily complete the course which will be recorded in their academic transcript.
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
- A bachelor of Chinese Medicine, Pharmacy or Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine degree; or
- A non-Chinese Medicine degree, but with qualifications equivalent to the above, e.g. applicants with a bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Bioengineering or Information Science, etc.; or
- Pharmacists or registered Chinese Medicine practitioners of Hong Kong holding a bachelor’s degree.
Applicants who are RCMPs but without a bachelor’s degree will be considered on a case-by-case basis. They may be required to pass an assessment conducted by the Programme Management Committee.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants must have:
- obtained a bachelor’s degree with Chinese language as the primary medium of instruction in the major courses; or
- obtained Level 3 or above in Chinese Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE); or
- obtained Grade E or above in Chinese Language and Culture in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination; or
- passed the Chinese language test arranged by the School of Chinese Medicine, HKBU.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.