Master of Science (MSc) in Drug Discovery (Modernization of Chinese Medicine)
School of Chinese Medicine
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$135,000/programme
Cut Off Date 30 Jun 2021
Year of Entry 2021 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date16 Nov 2020
Application Deadline7 Jun 2021 (Full-time) (non-local)
15 Jun 2021 (Full-time) (local)
30 Jun 2021 (Part-time) (local)
Programme DirectorProf ZHANG Ge
Programme Office (852) 3411 2909 / (852) 3411 firstname.lastname@example.org http://scm.hkbu.edu.hk/tc/education/taught_postgraduate_programmes/
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Compulsory Courses||27 units|
* Students can take either Dissertation or one elective course (Formulation Theories and Practices of Chinese Medicinal Formulae).
For those who have not previously studied Chinese Medicine or Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine, they must take an additional course, Overview on Chinese Medicine and Chinese Materia Medica (中醫藥學概論), as supplement. The academic results of the supplementary course obtained by the students will be recorded in the student transcript (Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory) without GPA grading. An additional course fee will be charged to those who are required to take the course as supplementary study.
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website for details of the list of courses.|
- A bachelor of Chinese Medicine, Pharmacy or Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine degree; or
- A non-Chinese Medicine degree, but with qualifications equivalent to the above, e.g. applicants with a bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Bioengineering or Information Science, etc.; or
- Pharmacists or registered Chinese Medicine practitioners of Hong Kong holding a bachelor’s degree.
Applicants who are RCMPs but without a bachelor’s degree will be considered on a case-by-case basis. They may be required to pass an assessment conducted by the Programme Management Committee.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants must have:
- obtained a bachelor’s degree with Chinese language as the primary medium of instruction in the major courses; or
- obtained Level 3 or above in Chinese Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE); or
- obtained Grade E or above in Chinese Language and Culture in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination; or
- passed the Chinese language test arranged by the School of Chinese Medicine, HKBU.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.