Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Chinese Medicine (MPS)
School of Chinese Medicine
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$120,000/programme
Cut Off Date 30 Apr 2020
Year of Entry 2020 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date15 Nov 2019
Application DeadlineFull-time: 31 Mar 2020
Part-time: 30 Apr 2020
Programme DirectorProf YU Zhiling
Programme Office (852) 3411 email@example.com http://scm.hkbu.edu.hk/tc/education/taught_postgraduate_programmes/
|Units Requirement||29 units|
|Compulsory Courses||23 units|
* Students can take either Dissertation or two courses (Thinking Approach and Methodology of Chinese Medicine and Formulation Theories and Practices of Chinese Medicinal Formulae)
For those who have not previously studied Chinese Medicine or Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine, they must take an additional course, Overview on Chinese Medicine and Chinese Materia Medica, as supplement.
An additional course fee will be charged to those who are required to take the course as supplementary study.
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2019/20 for details of the list of courses.|
- A bachelor of Chinese Medicine or Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine degree; or
- A non-Chinese Medicine degree, but with qualifications equivalent to the above, e.g. applicants with a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Science or Medicine ; or
- Pharmacists or registered Chinese Medicine practitioners of Hong Kong; or
- Graduates of Professional Diploma of Pharmacy in Chinese Medicine or programmes of similar nature, who have more than three years of relevant working experience.
Applicants with qualifications listed in (2), (3) or (4) above may be required to pass an assessment conducted by the Programme Management Committee.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants must have:
- obtained a bachelor's degree with Chinese language as the primary medium of instruction in the major courses; or
- obtained Grade E or above in Chinese Language and Culture in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination; or
- obtained Level 3 or above in Chinese Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE); or
- passed the Chinese language test arranged by the School of Chinese Medicine, HKBU.
The academic results of the supplementary course obtained by the students will be recorded in the student transcript (Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory) without GPA grading.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.