Master of Education (MEd)
Faculty of Social Sciences
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$123,750/programme
Cut Off Date 01 Jun 2021
Year of Entry 2021 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date16 Nov 2020
Application Deadline1 Jun 2021
Programme DirectorDr Ricky LAM (Programme Director)
|Selection Process||Application result will be reflected in the application status in the online application system.|
|Units Requirement||27 units|
|Common Required Courses||3 units|
|Concentration Required Courses||12 units|
|Elective Course||6 units|
|Dissertation/an independent project and an Elective Course or two Elective Courses||6 units|
The respective Concentrations are listed below:
The Department of Education Studies reserves the right not to offer a concentration in a particular academic year.
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent; and
- a postgraduate certificate/diploma in education or equivalent, and/or relevant professional experience working with children and adolescents.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose bachelor’s degrees were obtained from programmes where the medium of instruction is not English. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
For applicants applying for the English Language Teaching (ELT) Concentration:
- An overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
For applicants applying for non-ELT Concentrations:
- An overall band score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
Applicants of the following five concentrations are entitled to applying for the Scholarship of Teachers (2018/19). For details, please refer to the link of Education Bureau.
- Child and Adolescent Development
- English Language for Teaching
- Subject Knowledge for Teaching Mathematics at Junior Levels (P1 – S3)
- Teaching Mathematics at Junior Levels (P1 – S3)
- Inclusive Education
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.