Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Mainland Class only)
School of Business
Study Mode Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$280,000/programme
Cut Off Date 01 Dec 2020
Year of Entry 2021 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Start Date 28 Sep 2020
Application Deadline 1 Dec 2020
Programme DirectorProf HUANG Xu
|Selection Process||The Admissions Panel will assess appropriate qualified applicants’ motivation, maturity, communication skills, language proficiency, and suitability of the applicants for the programme at the time of the interview. The interview will be group-based and interactive.|
The objective of the programme is to develop well-rounded executives who have the knowledge, skills and leadership ability to respond effectively to an increasingly versatile local and international business environment.
|Units Requirement||44 units|
|Core Courses||33 units|
|Required Courses||5 units|
|Advanced Electives (or Recommended non-MBA Electives)||6 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook for details of the list of courses.|
A bachelor’s degree (in any discipline) from a recognised university or comparable institution; or a qualification deemed to be equivalent.
Language Proficiency Requirement
For MBA Hong Kong class, if English was not the medium of instruction for the first degree, applicants are required to provide evidence of good English proficiency e.g. English standard with:
- a minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based); or
- IELTS overall band score of 6.5; or
- qualifications deemed to be equivalent.
Applicant should posses:
- At least three years of relevant work experience; and
- An acceptable score in the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GRK (MBA 聯考). Applicants with 6 or more years of relevant work experience may apply for exemption from taking GMAT or GRK. Exemption, if any, will be considered on a case-by-case basis; and
- A satisfactory performance in the admissions interview.
MBA Awards Schemes to Promote Excellent Performance of Students
Graduation Academic Awards
The Graduation Academic Awards are designed to reward students who have attained excellent scholastic performance in their MBA studies at HKBU.
• Graduation Distinction Award
MBA students who have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.67 or above at graduation (subject to the same conditions applied to the Distinction academic standing) will be granted the Graduation Distinction Award of HK$10,000.
• Graduation Merit Award
MBA students who have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.40 to 3.66 (subject to no repeated courses and the same conditions applied to the Merit academic standing) at graduation will be granted the Graduation Merit Award.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.