Master of Arts (MA) in Visual Arts
Academy of Visual Arts
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee HK$100,000/programme
Cut Off Date 08 Aug 2018
Year of Entry 2018 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Programme Director Dr Chung Wai Ching
The Master of Arts in Visual Arts programme is offered with two concentrations:
|Units Requirement||30 units|
|Required Courses||12 units|
|Concentration-based Courses||18 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2017/18 for details of the list of courses.|
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or comparable institution; or
- An equivalent qualification.
Language Proficiency RequirementApplicants are expected to communicate in English at an advanced level, meeting one or more of the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification earned from an English-medium institution; or
- A band score of 6.5 or above in IELTS; or
- TOEFL scores of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (internet-based); or
- CET-6 (College English Test band 6): 450.
Applicants should have relevant experience in respective studio practice. A portfolio of past works (5-10 images of original artworks in digital format or photographs) has to be submitted with the application.
Applicants have to declare their intended concentration (SMA or CD) as well as to submit a study proposal for the SMA/CD Studio Project in the application process.
Graduate ProspectsGraduates from this programme can move into the professional sphere as visual artists, designers and/or artisans within the wider spectrum of the creative and cultural industries.
Graduates are also able to pursue further studies and research in Master of Philosophy in Visual Arts (Theory-based or Practice-led) and/or Doctor of Philosophy (Theory-based or Practice-led), at the Academy of Visual Arts.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.