Master of Arts (MA) in Global Society
Faculty of Social Sciences
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year
Tuition Fee HK$110,000/programme
Cut Off Date 08 Aug 2018
Year of Entry 2018 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Deadline Non-local: 15 June 2018; Local: 8 August 2018
Programme DirectorProf LI Si Ming
The programme adopts a rolling admission policy. Applicants are advised to apply as early as possible, as applications may close earlier than the posted deadlines if all spots are filled.
|Units Requirement||27 units|
|Programme Required Courses||12 units|
|Concentration Required Courses||9 units|
|Elective Courses||6 units|
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2017/18 for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree (in any discipline) from a recognised university or comparable institution; or
- a qualification deemed to be equivalent.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose first degree is obtained from non-English medium institutions. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- a TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test) or 79 (internet-based test); or
- a score of 480 in College English Test band 6 (CET-6).
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.
* Applicable to applications for Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)