Master of Arts (MA) in Communication
School of Communication
Study Mode Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fee Full-time: HK$145,000/programme; Part-time: HK$120,000/programme
Cut Off Date 31 Jan 2019
Year of Entry 2019 September
Funding Nature Self-financed
Application Deadline31 Jan 2019
Programme Director Prof Steve GUO
|Aims||The programme aims to train students into communication specialists in various sectors of society. It emphasises the integration between principles and practices across diverse areas of communication research. Students learn to apply theory to real world situations in interpersonal, institutional, and social contexts.
Specifically, the programme is to achieve the following aims:
|Units Requirement||27 units|
|Required Courses*||6 units|
* Subject to the Senate Approval
|Study Curriculum||The study curriculum may change from time to time. Applicants may make reference to the programme website or the University Student Handbook 2018/19 for details of the list of courses.|
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree with honours from a recognised university or comparable institution.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants whose first degree is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should possess a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test) or 79 (internet-based test); or an overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS.
- Relevant professional experience will be favourably considered.
- Applicants should submit a 500-word essay in English outlining the applicant’s academic interests and objectives, and a sample of publication or research paper written by the applicant if any.
A postgraduate diploma may be awarded to those who have completed all the coursework and attained a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above with all courses scoring grade C- or above (excluding Project), but have not completed a satisfactory Project within the normal study period for reasons deemed acceptable by the Taught Postgraduate Programmes Management Committee.
- The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in case of any dispute.
- Please note that a non-refundable admission confirmation fee, including the first instalment of tuition fee plus other administrative fees must be paid upon acceptance of the admission offer.