Programme of Study
- Candidates will pursue a programme of study approved by the Graduate School, and shall present themselves for relevant examinations and at such times as may be required by the examiners.
- The programme of study shall comprise:
- supervised original research work culminating in the submission of a thesis;
- coursework as required by the respective Faculty;
- attendance at lectures, study groups and workshops as well as participation in seminars, colloquia and conferences as directed by the supervisor(s);
- any other courses needed to make up for the candidate’s deficiencies as required by the supervisor(s) and the University; and
- the Mandatory Common Core Programme, which shall be completed satisfactorily before the arrangement of confirmation of candidature.
- Students who fail to fulfil section 6.2(e) above will be barred from (a) the arrangement for confirmation of candidature; (b) access to the academic transcript/testimonial (official copy and student copy).