Leave of Absence
- Candidates who wish to be absent from their studies in Hong Kong must apply for leave of absence by completing the Leave Application form.
- Any leave of absence granted for special purposes connected with studies will be counted towards the period of study.
- Any leave of absence granted for special purposes not connected with studies will not be counted towards the period of study and will result in an extension of the period of study by the length of the period of absence.
- Leave of absence for more than 12 cumulative months will not be granted.
- For application procedures, please refer to section 10 of the “Guidelines and Procedures for Research Postgraduate Degrees”.