The award of the MPhil degree is contingent upon a candidate having:
- completed an approved programme of supervised research;
- presented a written thesis which demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge and understanding in the candidate’s field of study and which describes and summarizes the research undertakings and findings;
- satisfied the Board of Examiners in an oral examination (and any other examination if deemed necessary), on matters relevant to the subject of the thesis;
- complied with supervision, attendance and all coursework requirements as laid down by the respective Faculty/School/AVA (hereafter called Faculty); and
- satisfied the University-wide graduation requirements.