Applications should be submitted online via the online application systemi. Applicants are required to submit the following supporting documents along with their application:
- HKID card (for local applicants); Passport or other identity documents of home country (for non-local applicants)ii
- Degree certificate(s)/graduation diploma(s), and transcript(s)iii for academic qualification(s) supporting the application
- English proficiency test results (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS results)iv
- Hong Kong public examination results, if applicable (e.g. HKCEE/HKALE/HKDSE)
- Other relevant test results, if applicable (e.g. GMAT, GRE)
- Certificate(s)/supporting document(s) of scholarship(s) and prize(s)
- Certificate(s) of professional qualification(s)
- Sample(s) of publication or research work/record of research experience/publication list
Confidential Reference Form
All applicants, except those applying for the Postgraduate Diploma in Education, are required to provide confidential references from two referees. The form can be downloaded here. The University will invite the referees via email to upload the Confidential Reference Form to a designated online platform within two weeks upon the applicant’s successful submission of the application.
To avoid delay in processing the application, applicants are therefore reminded to check the accuracy of the referees' information and follow up with the referees as appropriate for submission of the Confidential Reference Form.
Proof of Application Fee Payment
The non-refundable application fee is HK$350 for local applicants, and HK$450 for non-local applicants.
Except for the application fee paid via our online application system, applicants using any payment methods are required to provide the proof of application fee payment. Please click here for other non-E payment methods.
i An acknowledgment email will be sent to the applicant once he/she has successfully submitted the application online. Upon successful submission of the application, applicants are not required to email or post any supporting document(s) to the University. If further document(s) is needed, the University will send a follow up email directly to the applicants.
ii Non-local applicants refer to those entering Hong Kong for the purpose of education with a student visa/entry permit issued by the Immigration Department of Hong Kong.
iii Upon receipt of the admission offer, applicants are required to arrange sending the official transcript(s) of the academic qualification(s) to the Graduate School directly by the awarding institution(s)/authorities. HKBU graduates/students are exempted from submitting the official transcript(s) for their previous/current studies in the University.
iv Individual programmes may stipulate different English language requirements, or equivalent acceptable qualifications, suitable for their fields of study. For programme specific entrance requirements, please click here for details.