Graduation in AY 2016-2017
Dear Research Postgraduate Students,
1. The 58th Commencement of the 2016-17 academic year has been tentatively scheduled for November 2017. To graduate in the 2016-17 academic year, students must fulfill ALL graduation requirements as stated in para. 4 below on or before 4 September 2017 (Mon). OTHERWISE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GRADUATE IN THE 2016-17 ACADEMIC YEAR.
2. Please note that starting from 1 September 2013, all RPg students’ final theses would be made available for open access and that the theses would be deposited in the Institutional Repository administered by the Library. Students are required to seek their Principal Supervisor’s approval and have the thesis scanned by the anti-plagiarism software by completing the “Notice of Unbound Thesis Submission
) prior to submitting the unbound thesis to the Graduate School. The unbound thesis should be printed on both sides and submitted using a ring folder.
3. All students who submit unbound thesis for examination will be required to pay an examination fee and continuation fee of HK$2,650.
4. For your preparation of the final thesis, please note the following points:
(a) All students are responsible for formatting, proof-reading and editing of the English/Chinese language in their theses. Grammatical mistakes and syntactic errors should be corrected before sending out to external examiners for assessment. Supervisors, in the process of reviewing students' theses, should also help correct errors as appropriate. Students who experience difficulties should seek professional services at their own cost. A list of binderies and editors providing thesis binding and editing services are available at the website: http://gs.hkbu.edu.hk/en/current/rpg/submission_theses/link/100207
Both lists are for reference only. Students may source other binderies and editors for service.
(b) Students should refer to the "Guidelines for the Format of Theses" when preparing their theses. Please refer to the "IMPORTANT NOTES ON SUBMISSION OF THESES" at the website: http://gs.hkbu.edu.hk/en/current/rpg/submission_theses/
For detailed examination procedures, please also refer to the "Handbook for RPg Students", which is available at the website: http://gs.hkbu.edu.hk/en/current/rpg/handbook/
(c) Only students who have fulfilled the requirements of candidature and coursework, satisfied the Board of Examiners, submitted an electronic copy (PDF format in one single file, and an abstract in word or other text format, stored in a CD-ROM) of the thesis, at the requisite standard and in the prescribed format, will be recommended, through the Research Postgraduate Studies Committee to the Research Committee and then to the Senate, for graduation.
5. Should you have any enquiries, please contact the following colleagues at Graduate School:
Thank you for your attention.
Hong Kong Baptist University